MediaComMediaCom is an ecumenical religious communications agency providing resources and training for the mainline churches of Australia. Serving the church for over 30 years, it produces a wide range of materials in the areas of Worship and Christian Education for clergy and church leaders. Since our founding in 1980 by Rev Dr Tony & Christine Nancarrow, we have grown from a small home based venture into one of the largest publishers of lectionary based curriculums, and religious magazines and periodicals in the country. In excess of 20,000 churches and individuals use our resources. MediaCom is an official agency of the South Australian Synod of the Uniting Church in Australia.
Rev Dr Ian Price is Chief Executive Officer.
Ordained in 1978, Ian served three parishes in the Uniting Church in Australia, served briefly in New South Wales as the Executive Director of the UCA’s Board of Education, was MediaCom’s Associate Director from 1998 to 2002, and spent the last nine years heading the Uniting Church in South Australia’s Mission Resourcing Network with responsibilities in mission to children and youth, ministry with indigenous people, engaging in international mission partnerships, as well as rural and urban mission planning.
Ian is deeply committed to bringing the best resources to the Christian Church in discipleship, worship, faith formation and missional effectiveness. Through publishing, book and magazine distribution and consultancy, he seeks to serve the church with excellence.
We envision revitalised local churches that are more effective in communicating the gospel.
Our ValuesWe seek to fulfill our mission by:
- Responding to the needs of the Christian Church through a partnership that seeks to discern God’s will
- Developing a network of people concerned to enrich the life of the church through education, worship and witness
- Being innovative in seeking ways of meeting the communication needs of the churches
- Anticipating and responding to future trends in communications, education and worship
- Employing best practice governance and business principles founded on a distinctly Christ-centred ethic.
MediaCom's Mailing Address & Contact DetailsUnit 2, 382 South Road
PO Box 610
South Australia 5061.
Phone: (08) 8371 1399
Fax: (08) 8297 8719
Phone toll free: 1800 811 311
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: + 61-8-8371 1399
Contact DetailsSusan Burt - Co-ordinating Editor, Seasons of the Spirit, Email: email@example.com
MediaCom's current board of management comprises
- Mr Barry Atwell, Retired Executive Officer, UCA Presbytery & Synod of SA, Uniting Church in Australia.
- Rev Dr Ian Price, Chief Executive, MediaCom.
- Rev Jenny Tymms, Director of Mission, UnitingCare Community, Queensland Synod, Uniting Church in Australia.
- Pete Velander, Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, Upper Room Ministries, USA
- Mrs Sandy Craig, Associate Director Operations, MediaCom.